Re: How to rename current database? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Steven Crandell
Subject Re: How to rename current database?
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Sven Delle <svdellepude@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m baffled that I have to sign up for a mailing list because I’m absolutely unable to figure out from the interface of pgAdmin 4 how to rename a given database?

I’m going to the properties of the database to rename it, but get an error: ERROR: current database cannot be renamed.

Hmm, I guess it’s because it’s currently running, fine – I get that. But then, HOW THE HOLY CRAP DO I STOP THE DATABASE SO I CAN RENAME IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?

Horrible experience from a user perspective.

How do I rename a current database in pgAdmin?

The docs are useless ...

Here's a link to the documentation that describes how to rename a database.
I think you'll find that it has all the information you're looking for.
That said, if you feel something is missing you can propose changes or additions to help make the documentation better.

Keep in mind that pgadmin is a tool that can be used when interacting with a postgresql database, it is by no means required to perform database administration tasks.
Personally, I prefer psql, which is also well documented here:

You may have better luck with your pgadmin questions on the pgadmin mailing list here: