How to rename current database? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Sven Delle
Subject How to rename current database?
Date
Re: How to rename current database?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: How to rename current database?  (Walter Nordmann <walter.nordmann@posteo.de>)
List pgsql-admin
I’m baffled that I have to sign up for a mailing list because I’m absolutely unable to figure out from the interface of
pgAdmin4 how to rename a given database?

I’m going to the properties of the database to rename it, but get an error: ERROR: current database cannot be renamed.

Hmm, I guess it’s because it’s currently running, fine – I get that. But then, HOW THE HOLY CRAP DO I STOP THE DATABASE
SOI CAN RENAME IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?

Horrible experience from a user perspective.

How do I rename a current database in pgAdmin?

The docs are useless ...