Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 6:24 AM Cary Huang <cary.huang@highgo.ca> wrote:

> The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
> Implements feature:       tested, passed
> Spec compliant:           tested, passed
> Documentation:            not tested
>
> Hi
>
> The patch applies and tests fine. I don't think there is any harm having little extra statistical information about
thecheckpoint process. In fact, it could be useful in identifying a bottleneck during the checkpoint process as the
statsexactly the time taken to do the file IO in pg_logical dir.

Thanks for the review. Here's the CF entry
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/36/3389/, please feel free to add
you as reviewer.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.