Re: Cannot establish a remote connection - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Victor Hugo
Subject Re: Cannot establish a remote connection
Date
List pgsql-novice
What is the IP of the database server?
Have router between the database server and pgAdmin III ??? Is on the same subnet ?
The firewall ports are enabled?

Tk´s ;-)

I need to connect to a remote PostgreSQL 9.3 database with pgAdmin III within our private network, so I did the following:

* Open postgresql.conf file and verify that listen_addresses = '*'
* Open pg_hba.conf and add the following line:
host    all             all             192.168.168.0/24            md5
Our private network segment is 192.168.168.*
* I stop PostgreSQL service.
* I start PostgeSQL service.

I can connect locally but not remotely.
I will very much appreciate your feedback.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado

--
Abcs
Victor Hugo - DBA

"Antes de imprimir, pense em sua responsabilidade e compromisso com o MEIO AMBIENTE"