Re: A rather hackish POC for alternative implementation of WITH TIES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: A rather hackish POC for alternative implementation of WITH TIES
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 3:35 PM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]

I was largely holding off on doing further work hoping for some
discussion of which way we should go. If you think my approach is worth
pursuing (I haven't seriously tested the performance, but I'd expect it
to be slower than Surafel's - the price you pay for flexibility) then I
can look at it further, but figuring out the planner stuff will take
some time.

Other alternative can be pushing the existing implementation
which will be open to change in case of better-finished
implementation.

regards
Surafel