Re: What is the meaning of pg_restore output? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexandru Lazarev
Subject Re: What is the meaning of pg_restore output?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All, Thanks for your replies.
What about "item" key-word - is it appearing only when -j > 1?

Other phrases "pg_restore: processing item 3615 DEFAULT id
pg_restore: creating DEFAULT "public.id"
are observed if pg_restore is executed with flag -j N (where N > 1)
and aren't present when -j 1 (or without -j)

2. Are they (output phrases) documented somewhere?

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> When I restore using 10.2 I see:
> pg_restore: creating ACL "public.TABLE wl_week"
> Do you see something similar?

> My suspicion is that this might have something to do with the commits below:

Yeah, this evidently changed in commits 3eb9a5e7c et al, which made ACL
restore go through restore_toc_entry().  I think I figured that the
"creating ACL" message that restore_toc_entry() would emit made the
dedicated "setting owner and privileges" message redundant.  It had also
been misleading for quite some time, maybe forever: restore of that TOC
entry would set the object's privileges all right, but if it ever had
anything to do with setting the object's ownership, it was a really long
time ago.

                        regards, tom lane