Re: direction, was Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: direction, was Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Nov 21, 2017 01:51, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 11/20/2017 04:35 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

That is a bummer for the community but the reason they
would do that is twofold:

1. Customer demand (see original post)
2. Revenue generation (see original post)

To use a term from Simon, the only "FakeNews" here is that people are trying
to make my post into something it wasn't.
I think that you insinuated plenty.

I didn't, how is that unicorn ride working for you?

One thing I have learned is that the strength and the weakness of open source is the decentralization or priorities.

It is no use arguing about it.  The community does not get to demand a roadmap.  That has drawbacks but also advantages.

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****