PostgresParty Bali is Postponed - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Lucky Haryadi
Subject PostgresParty Bali is Postponed
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Jonathan,

We would like to give you an update about PostgresParty which was scheduled on March 2018.
In accordance to our first commitee meeting yesterday, we have decided to postpone the event until next year, based on several reasons below:

1. The meeting was attended by 12 person, with the only attendee outside Equnix is only by the Event Organizer.

Inline image 1Inline image 2Inline image 3

2. This first meeting has not reached minimal quorum of committee, as regulated on PostgreSQL Community Recognition Guidelines where the committee should not have more than 50% members of same entity/company.

3. We have not comply code of conduct yet, according to point 2, since all official committee members are still from 1 company/entity only.

4. Equnix (as the committee initiator and anchor) does not want the event execution to be unbalanced, which can bring assumptions that this is not a community event anymore.

5. Considering the Speakers Candidate's schedule and willingness which still unmatched with the Event's planned time.

6. From all Main Speakers list which have been invited and planned, most of them cannot participate on this event and some still unsure about their attendance.

7. Up until now, the only speakers who have stated their participation are Michael Pacquire and Joseph Conway, while Bruce Momjian, Tatsuo Isshi, Robert Haas, Oleg Bartunov , and many others cannot join the event.

8. We realize that our Indonesian PostgreSQL Community is still immature and driven by Equnix only.
Based on this point, Equnix will put more effort on building the Indonesian community first, through Meetups or any other community events.

9. By holding more frequent Meetups, we hope people can be encouraged to grow community awareness and supportive on all of our events.
As a PostgreSQL implementer, researcher, energizer, we hope all of us can grow our community together and stronger.

Based on reasons above, you can update information which have been already shown on postgresql.org
If possible, you can postpone the event slot to next year.

Thank you.

--
Lucky HARYADI
Chief Technology Officer

Equnix Business Solutions, PT
Plaza Semanggi 9 Fl. Unit 9; Jakarta - Indonesia 12930

Equnix Business Solutions, Pte Ltd
8 Eu Tong Sen Street, #14-94 THE CENTRAL - Singapore 059818

Caution: The information enclosed in this email (and any attachments) may be legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message. Unless it is made by the authorized person, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of PT Equnix Business Solutions.
Attachment