Re: @postgresql is now live

From: Jonathan S. Katz
Subject: Re: @postgresql is now live
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

@postgresql is now live  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
 Re: @postgresql is now live  (Joe Conway, )
  Re: @postgresql is now live  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
   Re: @postgresql is now live  (Joe Conway, )
    Re: @postgresql is now live  (Justin Clift, )
     Re: @postgresql is now live  (Stephen Frost, )
      Re: @postgresql is now live  ("Jonathan S. Katz", )
   Re: @postgresql is now live  (Marcin Cieslak, )
    Re: @postgresql is now live  (Stephen Frost, )
    Re: @postgresql is now live  (gabriel morin, )

Hi,

On 2018-01-05 22:45, Joe Conway wrote:
On 01/05/2018 02:41 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
On Jan 5, 2018, at 4:11 PM, Joe Conway <> wrote:
On 01/05/2018 06:21 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
The Twitter account will contain a mix of automated and manual
postings
that are all community-oriented.  We’re excited to have another way
for
us to better engage with our users as we continue to modernize our
advocacy efforts.

Shouldn't this be sent to announce? (I'm behind working through my
postgres mail, so perhaps I haven't seen it yet?)

Maybe: we’ve been focused on getting it up and developing content,
that in all honesty it did not cross my mind.  Is there precedent
for an announcement of this nature?

I'm not sure, but it seems that since this twitter account is explicitly
a community resource, it should not be an issue to use another community
resource (namely the announce list) to drive adoption.

+1 :)

+1, it's been discussed before and I agree that we should send something
to -announce, just need to figure out when/how.

We’re targeting an announcement for Monday, just having some language
finalized as it will be coming from the PostgreSQL Global Development Group :-)

Thanks,

Jonathan