Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 2:15 AM Jason Ralph <jralph@affinitysolutions.com> wrote:
> I currently have the systems running a parallel pg_dump each night to a separate partition mounted on the VM. Then I
performa full backup of the VM and all mounted drives each night. Would this be affected by disabling wal archiving? I
notedthat I understood wal archiving was affected in my initial question. But I was not able to see how it could affect
mysetup. Please school me if I am being naive.

No, if you are using pg_dump you are not affected by archiving.
Archiving is used to backup with tools like pgbackrest, barman, wal-e
and alike. If you are running your database isolated (i.e., no slaves,
no advanced backups), running it without replication level in wal and
using only pg_dump is fine.

Luca