Re: How to enable Logon Trigger in postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: How to enable Logon Trigger in postgres?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Monday, August 20, 2018, pavan95 <pavan.postgresdba@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. But to my wonder why can't these logon, logout be
events for a postgres instance. If they are like any other
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE we can go with the triggers(logon trigger like in SQL
server).

It will be great if postgres 11 includes this feature in its native release.

11 has been feature frozen for months, so that would be a no.  It seems unlikely that the described feature will make it into any core PostgreSQL release at this time.  Figuring out how to fit the existing log file based auditing setup into your process will be the path of least resistance.

David J.