Re: pglogical - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: pglogical
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:

This page:

http://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/

states that “It has also been submitted to PostgreSQL core as a candidate for inclusion in PostgreSQL 9.6.”

So, my question is: did pglogical make the 9.6 core, or not?

The reason I’m asking is that pglogical is available (for 9.4 and 9.5) on various Linux platforms, and I’m stuck with Windows, hence the question.

If it didn’t make 9.6 core, is there plan to include it in 9.7, or may be pglogical becomes available on Windows?

​It is not in 9.6

Whether it makes it into the next release, which will be 10.0, ​is difficult to predict.  You are free to peruse the public discussions on these lists, mostly on -hackers, regarding the feature if you need something more concrete.

​At a very high level I'd think that core would be much happier if the standalone pglogical worked on Windows instead of having the only Windows related work occur within the development process of the core-submitted patch.  But I am not familiar with the current state to know if that has already been somehow addressed.

David J.