Re: Upgrading 9.1.17 to which version? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Upgrading 9.1.17 to which version?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 10:38 AM Fabio Ugo Venchiarutti <f.venchiarutti@ocado.com> wrote:
On 16/05/2019 18:20, Ron wrote:
> On 5/16/19 4:36 AM, nigel.andersen@gmx.com wrote:
>> but I wonder whether that might be an easier/more reliable option from
>> an install and point of view and certainly preferable in the long
>> term. Any advice on where to go?
>
> 11.x would be best, since it's EOL is furthest in the future.
> 9.6 would be best, because it's had more bug-fix releases.

Aren't all important bugfixes backported to every non-EOL affected
majors at once?

More bug-fix-only releases means that more time has gone by to find and fix the bugs in older versions without a corresponding increase in undiscovered bugs that results from moving to the next major release.

David J.