Re: Upgrading 9.1.17 to which version? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrading 9.1.17 to which version?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/16/19 10:38 AM, Fabio Ugo Venchiarutti wrote:

>> 11.x would be best, since it's EOL is furthest in the future.
>> 9.6 would be best, because it's had more bug-fix releases.
>>

> Aren't all important bugfixes backported to every non-EOL affected
> majors at once?
>

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that's the reason minors are
> released at unison for all majors.

True. The possible issue is that the newest version has been out for the
shortest period of time and contains new code that may not have been
exercised enough yet to catch all as yet hidden bugs. Older versions
have been run longer and under more scenarios so the expectation is more
of the bugs have been flushed out.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com