Re: BUG #13771: Clarify length of name for prepared statement and return error. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #13771: Clarify length of name for prepared statement and return error.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 6:47 AM, Weston Catron <
wcatron@catrondevelopment.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> Okay thank you very much. I guess I didn=E2=80=99t google hard enough to =
find that
> (I did google!). Maybe its worth a note in the documentation for the next
> version in the prepared statements section that the statement name is an
> identifier. It also doesn=E2=80=99t mention in the identifiers section th=
at the
> prepared statement name is an example of an identifier. Basically there=
=E2=80=99s
> no direct or indirect link between the two sections which would make it
> hard to match up the two bits of information. Just my two cents, thanks f=
or
> your help.

=E2=80=8BPrepared statement identifiers are only special because that is wh=
ere you
ran into the problem.  Neither suggestion adds anything except limited
redundancy.

David J.
=E2=80=8B