Re: Dark mode styling for the website - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Dark mode styling for the website
Date
Re: Dark mode styling for the website
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 7:03 AM Dago A Carralero <tocarralero@gmail.com> wrote:
It looks amazing with the dark mode, awesome job.

> On 20 Oct 2022, at 12:54, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> On 10/20/22 6:53 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 09:40, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org <mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org>> wrote:
>>    On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 02:08, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
>>    <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>>        On 10/18/22 11:43 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>         > Hi
>>         >
>>         > I've put a note in my calendar to commit this at or after
>>        11AM UK time
>>         > on Thursday. Unless I hear objections before then, I'll do that.
>>        Here's a diff with the discussed color changes.
>>        There were some places where swapping the PG default with the
>>        lighter
>>        shade would be a bit too bright, so I focused mainly on the
>>        text/buttons. I did move the topbar to using the color, since
>>        that is
>>        something we do want to draw attention to.
>>    Thanks. Demo site updated. I'll push the changes to prod in 1:30
>>    hours or thereabouts. And... done!
>> Thanks folks.
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Jonathan

So, Reddit peeps have noticed the change:

I agree that the blue-black contrast (e.g., navigation) doesn't seem big enough and also that having the option to flip dark mode on or off on the website itself (cookie memory) would be especially nice.  Having the only control (that I know of) be a system-wide dark mode setting is not desirable for me.

I do appreciate the option and the work that has gone into it.  Just needs a few more tweaks IMO (and some others).

David J.