Re: documentation synopsis grammar - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: documentation synopsis grammar
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Friday, May 11, 2018, Peter Korim <pkorim@gmail.com> wrote:
Hallo

I search for it  and did notsucceeded.
Where is exact definition of the grammar used here?

I thing the text "[,...]" is unclear concerning what is to be repeted.

Not that I've found,  do you have an example?

here:
you state
   " Dots (...) mean that the preceding element can be repeated. "

from that definition  the fragment "[,...]" means zero or more commas.

It is often so that not one element but several elements are repeated  .

In which case each one requires a comma separating it from the previous one.

Sometimes from the context, one may find out how it is meant.

In other cases it not so clear.

Again, You will need to point out an example.  But not all options that allow multiples require commas to separate them.

Well do you have a definition or third party standard?

You linked to it above...

David J.