Re: documentation synopsis grammar - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: documentation synopsis grammar
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Friday, May 11, 2018, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, May 11, 2018, Peter Korim <pkorim@gmail.com> wrote:
Hallo

I search for it  and did notsucceeded.
Where is exact definition of the grammar used here?

I thing the text "[,...]" is unclear concerning what is to be repeted.

Not that I've found,  do you have an example?

Ok, I think I get your confusion now...

 ANALYZE [ VERBOSE ] [ table_name [ ( column_name [, ...] ) ] ]

column_name can be repeated. If it is each name is separated from the previous one by a comma. The brackets indicate optional repetition of the immediately preceding element. The presence or absence of a comma in the bracket indicates whether each option repeat needs a comma separator. It's not the comma that is being repeated.

David J.