Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
List pgsql-general
When executing a query using \watch in psql the first execution of the query includes "Title is [...]" when \pset title is in use.  Subsequent executions do not.  Once that first display goes off-screen the information in the title is no longer readily accessible.  If using \watch for a long-running monitoring query it can be helpful to incorporate some context information into the title.

Does anyone capable agree enough to implement this?

Any suggestions for a better way to accomplish the goal?

I have a watch query whose title incorporates the name of the libpq service name (via bash variables on Linux) so that I can verify which database it is monitoring without having to kill the watched command and inspect the prompt, command line, or process.

Working with 9.3 presently.

Thanks!

David J.