Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations
Date
Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 3:36 AM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> When executing a query using \watch in psql the first execution of the query
> includes "Title is [...]" when \pset title is in use.  Subsequent executions
> do not.  Once that first display goes off-screen the information in the
> title is no longer readily accessible.  If using \watch for a long-running
> monitoring query it can be helpful to incorporate some context information
> into the title.

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea to show it at each iteration if the
title is set. I am not sure we would want to treat that as a bug fix
as nothing is broken, it looks more like a new feature.

> Any suggestions for a better way to accomplish the goal?

What I have been doing in such cases until now is updating the name of
the terminal tab to identify what was going on.
--
Michael