Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 9:35 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Note
>   If \d is used without a pattern argument, it is equivalent to \dtvmsE
>   which will show a list of all visible tables, views, materialized
                                  ~~~~~~~
>   views, sequences and foreign tables. This is purely a convenience
>   measure.

However, I don't think the "visible" works as expected for ordinary
users.

I cannot see rewording this to avoid the use of "visible", but if this is a concern worth addressing I suggest weaving in a link to section 5.9.3

But I will note that if someone follows such a link the section is not written all that well to address this usage of "visibility".  I didn't look to see if there is a better place to link to.

David J.