Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: psql doesn't show tables duplicated in multiple schemas
Date
List pgsql-bugs
At Mon, 2 Aug 2021 12:57:17 +0200, Wojciech Strzalka <wstrzalka@gmail.com> wrote in
> I understand why but still - that was very surprising after ~20 years of
> using Postgres :)

I agree that it is astonishing but I think it's just a matter of
choice and I found that it is surely written in the documentaion.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/app-psql.html

> Note
>   If \d is used without a pattern argument, it is equivalent to \dtvmsE
>   which will show a list of all visible tables, views, materialized
                                  ~~~~~~~
>   views, sequences and foreign tables. This is purely a convenience
>   measure.

However, I don't think the "visible" works as expected for ordinary
users.  (It could be confused with "accessible", aside from the
unnoticeability of the word itself...)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi