Re: Typo on doc comment form - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Typo on doc comment form
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
On 08/01/2016 03:07 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/9.6/textsearch.html/
>
> Would suggest:
>
> Filling out out this form will send an email from
> david.g.johnston@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com> to the
> public pgsql-docs mailing list.
>
> The whole second sentence seems unhelpful.  The following points should
> be addressed instead.
>
> Is the submitting email address copied and, related, would they have to
> subscribe to pgsql-docs to track the discussion (assuming that people
> leave the CC: list intact, which not everyone does...)?

I'm a bit confused about what you are suggesting here - the above seems
to be a mix of a rewording of some of the text on the page and some
actual questions on behaviour?

The re-wording I suggested left me asking the subsequent couple of questions.  Depending on the answers to them additional text may be desirable.  In any case removing "​
Expect further discussions to happen on this list after the submission is done.
​" seems worth considering.  It does make the text a bit short - but if the two questions raised are addressed we'd actually come out a bit longer and considerably ahead in specifics.

David J.