Re: Typo on doc comment form - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Typo on doc comment form
Date
List pgsql-www
On 08/10/2016 09:36 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc <mailto:stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>>wrote:
>
>     On 08/01/2016 03:07 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
>     >
>     https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/9.6/textsearch.html/
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/9.6/textsearch.html/>
>     >
>     > Would suggest:
>     >
>     > Filling out out this form will send an email from
>     > david.g.johnston@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
>     <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com
>     <mailto:david.g.johnston@gmail.com>> to the
>     > public pgsql-docs mailing list.
>     >
>     > The whole second sentence seems unhelpful.  The following points should
>     > be addressed instead.
>     >
>     > Is the submitting email address copied and, related, would they have to
>     > subscribe to pgsql-docs to track the discussion (assuming that people
>     > leave the CC: list intact, which not everyone does...)?
>

>     I'm a bit confused about what you are suggesting here - the above seems
>     to be a mix of a rewording of some of the text on the page and some
>     actual questions on behaviour?
>

> The re-wording I suggested left me asking the subsequent couple of
> questions.  Depending on the answers to them additional text may be
> desirable.  In any case removing "​
> Expect further discussions to happen on this list after the submission
> is done.
> ​" seems worth considering.  It does make the text a bit short - but if
> the two questions raised are addressed we'd actually come out a bit
> longer and considerably ahead in specifics.

ah ok - so to answer your questions: yes - one would have to subscribe
to the list to receive subsequent discussions that are not directly CC'd
to the original sender. The actual mail is sent using the reports
mailaddress as the sender-

Stefan