Re: [GENERAL] Help with restoring a dump in Tar format? (dependencies/ordering) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Help with restoring a dump in Tar format? (dependencies/ordering)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Ken Tanzer <ken.tanzer@gmail.com> wrote:
I do get the "make \d show relevant information" argument and that is one that seems easier to solve...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how you'd solve this or change what \d shows for a table.  Right now I get to see this in my \d:
"authorized_approvers_only" CHECK (approved_by IS NULL OR has_perm(approved_by, 'APPROVE_PAYMENT'::character varying, 'W'::character
varying))
But when I move that to a trigger, I'll only see the trigger name.  Any while this procedure would be really short, others not so much, so you wouldn't really want to automatically display it inline.

​FWIW​

​I wouldn't show the trigger functions but I'd show something like:

CREATE ​trg_tbl2_exists_tbl3_missing_or_vice_versa
TRIGGER ON tbl1 CHANGES EXECUTE func_tbl1
REFERENCES tbl2 CHANGES EXECUTE func_tbl2
REFERENCES tbl3 CHANGES EXECUTE func_tbl3;

FOR tbl1
DEPENDS ON tbl2, tbl3 VIA TRIGGER ​trg_tbl2_exists_tbl3_missing_or_vice_versa

​FOR tbl2
DEPENDED ON BY tbl1 VIA TRIGGER ​​trg_tbl2_exists_tbl3_missing_or_vice_versa

FOR tbl3
DEPENDED ON BY tbl1 VIA TRIGGER ​​trg_tbl2_exists_tbl3_missing_or_vice_versa

I suspect the possibility to enforce that trigger execution doesn't touch tables other than those specified.

​David J.