Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 12:44 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:38:14PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I noticed that when recovery.conf was removed in 2dedf4d9a8 (yay!) the docs for
> it were removed completely as well. That's largely sensible, but is confusing
> when users have upgraded and are trying to find out what happened, or how to
> configure equivalent functionality.

I don't see the logic in carrying doc stuff that we don't have anymore.

I do.  Saying why something went away has value.  For small stuff you have commit messages.  For user-facing documentation stuff that warranted its own page, having said page remain and describe the change seems worthwhile.

David J.