Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 11 Nov 2020, at 20:44, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:38:14PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

>> I noticed that when recovery.conf was removed in 2dedf4d9a8 (yay!) the docs for
>> it were removed completely as well. That's largely sensible, but is confusing
>> when users have upgraded and are trying to find out what happened, or how to
>> configure equivalent functionality.
>
> I don't see the logic in carrying doc stuff that we don't have anymore.

Well, we do have that already in <tip>'s sprinkled across the docs where it
makes sense to help transitioning users, like this one in func.sgml:

    "Prior to PostgreSQL 12, it was possible to skip arbitrary text in the
    input string using non-letter or non-digit characters..."

It doesn't seem like a terrible idea to do a similar one for recovery.conf.

cheers ./daniel