Re: BUG #16301: unable to connect to server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: BUG #16301: unable to connect to server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 8:40 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      16301
Logged by:          boli
Email address:      boli9301@163.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.2
Operating system:   windows 64

I am in the China. I download the Pgadmin and want to create a server. The
host name is localhost, port is 5432, I also fill other information. Then,
the error is unable to connect server: could not connect to server:
connection refused (0x0000274D/10061), is the server running on host
"localhost"(::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432

Just to be clear, did you also download and install the server?  Creating a server in pgAdmin doesn't actually create a new PostgreSQL server, it create a server profile in pgAdmin that points to a server that is already running.

David J.