Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From jungle Boogie
Subject Re: BUG #14334: vacuumdb.c build failure on openbsd
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Alvaro,
On 21 September 2016 at 12:22, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wr=
ote:
> jungle Boogie wrote:
>
>> http://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-current/man2/select.2
>>
>> Also has #include <sys/select.h>
>
> So "current" is 6.0?  We don't have a lot of OpenBSD machines in the
> buildfarm; would you be able to contribute one?  The one we have
> (curculio) runs 5.9 and has been running fine with the committed code.
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Buildfarm

6.0 is a release version and will only receive patches for the base OS.

-current/snapshot is what I'm running and it's the development version
of openbsd. In a few months, current will be marked and released as
6.1. Basically I'm following the development branch of OpenBSD:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html

> It makes portability work easier if we see right away that a commit has
> broken something.
>
> Can you try HEAD with the following patch applied and let me know if it
> works?

I wrote to the maintainer of postgresql on openbsd and asked if he
could take a look at this email and see if he can reproduce the
problem.

Meanwhile, I came across this.
It looks like 8 days ago select.h was modified, but I have no idea if
this is causing the postgresql failure.
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/sys/select.h

I will checkout buildfarm and see what it takes to run it!

> --
> =C3=81lvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

--=20
-------