Re: Improving avg performance for numeric - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hadi Moshayedi
Subject Re: Improving avg performance for numeric
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am not sure how this works, but I also changed numeric sum(), and the views in question had a numeric sum() column. Can that have any impact?

I am going to dig deeper to see why this happens.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> Hadi Moshayedi <hadi@moshayedi.net> wrote:
>> I also noticed that this patch makes matview test fail. It seems
>> that it just changes the ordering of rows for queries like
>> "SELECT * FROM tv;". Does this seem like a bug in my patch, or
>> should we add "ORDER BY" clauses to this test to make it more
>> deterministic?

> I added some ORDER BY clauses.  That is probably a good thing
> anyway for purposes of code coverage.  Does that fix it for you?

Uh, what?  Fooling around with the implementation of avg() should surely
not change any planning decisions.