Unicode license compatibility with PostgreSQL license - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Haribabu Kommi
Subject Unicode license compatibility with PostgreSQL license
Date
Re: Unicode license compatibility with PostgreSQL license  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Unicode license compatibility with PostgreSQL license  (Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

For our next set of development activities in PostgreSQL, we want to
use the Unicode organization code with PostgreSQL to open source that
feature. Is the Unicode license is compatible with PostgreSQL.

The following is the header that is present in one of the Unicode files.

/*
 * Copyright 2001-2004 Unicode, Inc.
 *
 * Disclaimer
 *
 * This source code is provided as is by Unicode, Inc. No claims are
 * made as to fitness for any particular purpose. No warranties of any
 * kind are expressed or implied. The recipient agrees to determine
 * applicability of information provided. If this file has been
 * purchased on magnetic or optical media from Unicode, Inc., the
 * sole remedy for any claim will be exchange of defective media
 * within 90 days of receipt.
 *
 * Limitations on Rights to Redistribute This Code
 *
 * Unicode, Inc. hereby grants the right to freely use the information
 * supplied in this file in the creation of products supporting the
 * Unicode Standard, and to make copies of this file in any form
 * for internal or external distribution as long as this notice
 * remains attached.
 */

Regards,
Hari Babu