Re: PostgreSQL 13 articles (German) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Valeria Kaplan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 13 articles (German)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I think that's a really good idea (compiling and linking to the press page [2]). Will definitely encourage people to spread the news.

Few things that we could discuss are:
  • Whether we will include marketing articles by companies that use these news for self promotion? (my opinion is that we should try and only list pieces that are neutral, at least as much as possible)
  • What about opinion pieces (user stories etc.)? (I have mixed feelings about this one)
  • Do we also list syndications? (guess not)

If helpful, I searched and found a few pieces in Russian (there wasn't much):
there were a few syndications:
There was also this overview in Russian at the recent #RuPostgres session https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSpW6Ero30&feature=emb_title (a Russian speaking YouTube channel dedicated to Postgres news, features, events etc.)
There was this blog post https://yandex.ru/turbo/dataenginer.ru/s/?pcgi=p%3D8121 (First experience with Postgres 13)

Another small question,
Who does the translation of the non-English press kit? Do we have native speakers checking it before the official release? (I'd be happy to help with Russian if needed, and I also noticed a few glitches with Hebrew version)

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 3:20 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 10/5/20 7:14 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a brief discussion with Jonathan he suggested posting here the
> list of articles about the PostgreSQL 13 release in German.
>
>   * https://www.admin-magazin.de/News/PostgreSQL-13-veroeffentlicht
>   * https://geoobserver.wordpress.com/2020/09/25/postgresql-released-v13/
>   * https://www.it-daily.net/shortnews/25558-neues-release-postgresql-13
>   * https://www.robotron.de/unternehmen/aktuelles/blog/postgresql-13-verfuegbar
>   * https://blog.v-gar.de/2020/09/postgresql-13-erschienen/
>   * https://www.heise.de/news/Datenbank-PostgreSQL-13-optimiert-Indizes-und-Aufraeumarbeiten-4912302.html
>   * https://www.credativ.de/blog/postgresql/postgresql-13-erscheint-am-24092020
>   * https://www.linux-magazin.de/news/postgresql-13-mit-mehr-performance/
>   * https://www.edv-nachrichten.de/meldung/dbms_postgresql_13_erschienen
>
> That's what I spotted over the course of the last week.

Awesome, thanks for compiling!

I wonder if we should start collecting and linking to media coverage
from the press kit[1], or perhaps as an offshoot to the press page?[2]
Historically, we've collected in on the -advocacy list, but it would
create a bit more permanence, plus added credibility for the project, if
we explicitly keep this links somewhere on the website?

It may also encourage others to write about a PostgreSQL release.

Jonathan

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit13/
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/about/press/