Re: Small documentation improvement for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Small documentation improvement for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:53 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I prefer my original patch over this idea. On the other hand, I
> can see the point of review comment on it that Amit pointed out[1].
>
> Regards,
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1KaWwUSkDEKPseVY-z00kQJfpfVFdJCXPv9_CrwVZPMhg%40mail.gmail.com

Personally, I don't really think the wording that results from the
original patch is great, because it doesn't give the impression of
multiple options.
I prefer something like:

Additionally, refresh options may be specified, as described under
<literal>REFRESH PUBLICATION</literal> supported
<replaceable>refresh_option</replaceable> values, except in the case
of <literal>DROP PUBLICATION</literal>.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia