[GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Patrick B
Subject [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing
Date
Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: [GENERAL] effective_io_concurrency increasing  (Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>)
List pgsql-general
Hi guys.

I just wanna understand the effective_io_concurrency value better.

My current Master database server has 16 vCPUS and I use effective_io_concurrency = 0.

What can be the benefits of increasing that number? Also, do you guys have any recommendations?

I'm using PG 9.2 and the official doc does not say much about which value you should use.

If I put it to 1, does it mean I can have a query spread into 1 processor?

Thanks