Re: [GENERAL] storing postgres data on dropbox - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] storing postgres data on dropbox
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/18/2017 01:13 PM, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I think I get it. 'base' is not the data directory but a child of var-9.5, which (with its entire path) is the "data
directory".I honestly don't recall how I installed Posgres, but I'm pretty sure that I picked the default method from
thePostgres.

Not something you have to do right this instant, but I would try to
track down how you did the install. It will come in handy when you do an
upgrade as the various installers differ in how they do an install.
Picking the wrong one when you do the upgrade could make things difficult.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com