Re: Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 29 October 2015 at 04:43, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as you may already know roughly a year ago the Linux Foundation has started
> offering vendor neutral and even distribution agnostic certifications for
> Linux sysadmins and engineers
> (https://training.linuxfoundation.org/certification).  I mentioned to them
> that in my opinion this is something that the PostgreSQL world would need as
> well and they expressed an interest in developing one. But they don't want to
> do it without community involvement.
>
> Therefore I'd like to assemble a group here that has an interest in this topic
> to discuss and figure out the details. Who'd be interested?

me.
sorry to join late to the party :)

btw, are you aware that we tried this once? one of the problems was
that by the time we finish the first part we knew next version changed
everything (i don't remember the details only the bad taste).

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación