Re: offline print option. - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From alias
Subject Re: offline print option.
Date
List pgsql-docs

It's not strange at all.  people browse this(java - How to download Javadoc to read offline? - Stack Overflow) page more than 124,000 times. And there are a few aggregate offline manual/reference applications.

C++ references(cppreference.com) even have printable versions of every html page.

For me personally,  offline html is the most convenient format to print out.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 9:08 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 10:23:15AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Mar  4, 2022 at 07:00:58PM +0530, alias wrote:
> >
> > I copied the html files from source code repository.
> > Add a offline download link would be more friendly to beginner, I guess.
>
> Uh, yeah, but I don't remember ever receiving a request for this, so it
> doesn't seem warranted to add a link for it.

Same here, that's the first time I hear this request.  Also I'm not sure that
beginner will really find it easier to locate the html page they need compared
to a search in the pdf document.