Re: Pluggable toaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Pluggable toaster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Nikita,

> We already have a lot of changes in Pluggable TOAST that were not committed
> to the main GIT branch of this thread, so it seems that I have to merge them and
> reopen it.

Pretty sure that reopening an already rejected patch that is competing
with compression dictionaries (which the rest of us are currently
focusing on) will achieve anything. Consider joining the compression
dictionaries effort instead [1]. During the discussion with the
community it ended up being a TOAST improvement after all. So we could
use your expertise in this area.

[1]: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/3626/

--
Best regards,