Re: Examples of Large Datasets on Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Don Parris
Subject Re: Examples of Large Datasets on Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the listing.  That gives me something to be able to discuss in
> class, at least.  I don't suppose you could help me get in contact with any
> of these companies?  Or maybe if I just drop a line on the general list,
> someone might take interest?

Hmmm.  I don't know that I can reach anyone at those organizations,
currently. One of the drawbacks of not having a formal sales
organization is that you don't have the ability to entice ongoing
testimonials via marketing discounts.

You have looked at the Quotes page also, yes?

I had missed the quotes page - or just haven't gotten that far yet.

Oh, and there's a great Case Study from the French Social Security
Administration:
http://www.wcm.bull.com/internet/pr/rend.jsp?DocId=594915&lang=en

(hey, why isn't that case study linked from the main site?)

This case study is a great example, for sure.  I know there are serious examples of PostgreSQL handling large datasets in mission critical roles - just finding them can be a little challenging.

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate