Re: "all" not inclusive of "replication" in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: "all" not inclusive of "replication" in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Rajesh Kumar Mallah
<mallah.rajesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List ,
>
> It is been found that the entry
>
> local   all         all                               trust
>
> does not renders below redundant in pg_hba.conf
>
> local replication   replicator01         trust

I noticed this too, and I think it should.  Either way, the
documentation isn't clear on this point -- either 'all' should include
the faux replication database or it should be noted in appropriate
places that 'all' doesn't/can't do that.

merlin