RES: Does postgresql 9.0.4 use index on PREFIX%SUFFIX queries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Subject RES: Does postgresql 9.0.4 use index on PREFIX%SUFFIX queries?
Date
List pgsql-general
Because the error message saying so (I do use pgAdmin III):

"An error has occurred:

ERROR: the datatype character varying has no standard operator class for
"gist" access method
HINT: You should specify na operator class for the index or define one
standard operator class for the data type."

(I've translated the above message from portuguese to english, sorry if it's
not exact).

That's why I can't use GIST.

Thanks,

Edson.