Re: Unlogged table restart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Unlogged table restart
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Oliver Kohll <oliver.lists@gtwm.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, great to see unlogged tables. There was discussion in the lists a while ago about various options for what would
happenon server restart. I understand after a crash they'll be truncated but what about after a clean restart? Are they
guaranteedto retain all committed data? If so I'll definitely use them for frequently written logs, if not I may still
doso but will need some extra backup steps.

Per the documentation they are only cleared following an unclean
shutdown...(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createtable.html)

merlin