Re: Testing in AWS, EBS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rayson Ho
Subject Re: Testing in AWS, EBS
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks Yves for the clarification!

It used to be very important to pre-warm EBS before running benchmarks
in order to get consistent results.

Then at re:Invent 2015, the AWS engineers said that it is not needed
anymore, which IMO is a lot less work for us to do benchmarking in
AWS, because pre-warming a multi-TB EBS vol is very time consuming,
and the I/Os were not free.

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html