Re: Problems installing Postgresql ODBC driver 32bits on Redhat 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Laerte Antonio de Almeida Giraldelli
Subject Re: Problems installing Postgresql ODBC driver 32bits on Redhat 6.5
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Thanks Adrian,

Here are the answers:

- odbcinst.ini content:

odbcinst -j

unixODBC 2.2.14
DRIVERS............: /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /etc/odbc.ini
FILE DATA SOURCES..: /etc/ODBCDataSources
USER DATA SOURCES..: /home/apvmh79/.odbc.ini
SQLULEN Size.......: 4
SQLLEN Size........: 4
SQLSETPOSIROW Size.: 2

- I have downloaded the odbc packages from:

http://rpm.pbone.net/

unixODBC-2.2.14-12.el6_3.i686.rpm
postgresql-odbc-7.2.5-1.i386.rpm

- When I copied content file /etc/odbc.ini to /home/apvmh79/.odbc.ini

The error changed from:
[IM002][unixODBC]Missing server name, port, or database name in call to CC_connect.

To:
[28000][unixODBC]FATAL:  no PostgreSQL user name specified in startup packet

The postgre server is 9.4 version.

Att.
Laerte Antonio de A. Giraldelli
Gerência de Implantação
CPqD - Diretoria de Suporte à Decisão e Aplicações
Fone: +55 19 3705-7215
www.cpqd.com.br

"
When you make your mark in the world, watch out for guys with erasers." The Wall Street Journal.