Re: Problems installing Postgresql ODBC driver 32bits on Redhat 6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problems installing Postgresql ODBC driver 32bits on Redhat 6.5
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 03/14/2016 11:49 AM, Laerte Antonio de Almeida Giraldelli wrote:
> Hello,  please
>
> We are trying to do a postgre isql conexion . We tried to install
> several RPM packages for postgresql-odbc 32bits, but we can't make a
> test using isql.
>
> We have the environment below:
>
> SO:Redhat 6.5
> unixODBC-2.2.14-12.el6_3.i686  (installed)
> When the pkg postgresql-odbc-7.0.2-17.i386.rpm was installed, It
> returned this error:
>
> isql -v rep_teste
>
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/psqlodbc.so' :
> file not found
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Did you check if the file existed at the above location or anywhere?

> When the pkg postgresql-odbc-7.2.5-1.i386.rpm was installed, the lib
> above was installed, but we got the error:

Where was it installed?

> isql -v rep_teste
>
> [IM002][unixODBC]Missing server name, port, or database name in call to
> CC_connect.
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> We guess the /etc/odbc.ini is correct:
>
> [rep_teste]
> Description         = PostgreSQL connection to SallyDB
> Driver                 = PostgreSQL
> Database            = rep_teswte
> Servername         = vmhteste
> UserName           = teste
> Password           = 123456
> Port                    = 5432
> Protocol              = 9.4
> ReadOnly            = No
> RowVersioning       = No
> ShowSystemTables    = No
> ConnSettings        =
>
> We think there are a postgresql-odbc package mistake but we can't find
> the correct package.

What is in the odbcinst.ini file?

What are repo(s) are you using to get the unixODBC and postgresql-odbc
packages?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com