OSCON BoF report - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From gabrielle
Subject OSCON BoF report
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
To recap:  BoF (Birds of a Feather Session) only, no booth this year.

A couple of dozen folks showed up to our BoF - about half familiar faces & half new.

We talked about 9.5 features we're looking forward to and had some short discussions about storage of time-based data, MVC, and RDS.

Nobody owned up to running 9.5 in production ;)  (For reference:  someone at last year's event was running 9.4 in production already.)

Some people mentioned missing the Pg booth, but they were all folks that I know personally, so I don't think we can rely on that data :)

OSCON is moving to Austin TX next year, so it's unlikely I'll be involved further.

Thanks!  It's been a fun run.

gabrielle