Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think it's clearly *necessary* to forbid setting data_directory in
>> postgresql.auto.conf.  The file is defined to be found in the data
>> directory, so any such setting is circular logic by definition;
>> no good can come of not rejecting it.
>>
>> We already have a GUC flag bit about disallowing certain variables
>> in the config file (though I don't remember if it's enforced or
>> just advisory).  It seems to me that we'd better invent one for
>> disallowing in ALTER SYSTEM, as well.
>
> I introduced a new flag bit (GUC_DISALLOW_IN_AUTO_FILE) to
> disallow parameters by Alter System and disallowed data_directory to
> be set by Alter System.

We should document what types of parameters are not allowed to be set by
ALTER SYSTEM SET?

data_directory was displayed when I typed "TAB" just after ALTER SYSTEM SET.
Probably tab-completion for ALTER SYSTEM SET needs to be changed.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao