Re: [HACKERS] createlang/droplang deprecated - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: [HACKERS] createlang/droplang deprecated
Date
List pgsql-hackers

But createuser/dropuser are a real problem, because they certainly could
be mistaken for system-level utilities.

I proposed something along those lines [1] to fix this historical mistake but we didn't reach a consensus. createuser/dropuser could be a candidate to removal because it is easily replaced by psql -c "command here" like Simon said. If we go to this road, other binaries (that are just a wrapper around an SQL command) could be removed too (such as createdb, dropdb, clusterdb and reindexdb).

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/bdd1adb1-c26d-ad1f-2f15-cc52056065d4@timbira.com.br

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/