Re: [DOCS] Correction in SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE lock description - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: [DOCS] Correction in SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE lock description
Date
List pgsql-docs

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/explicit-locking.html
>
> The documentation says :
>
> "This lock mode is not automatically acquired by any PostgreSQL command."

You are reading 9.4 documentation but...

> I am wrong if I say that a "ADD CONSTRAINT toto FOREIGN KEY" command will
> take a SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE lock on both tables concerned by the foreign key
> ?

... you are testing with >= 9.5. Indeed, SREL replaced AEL in this
ALTER TABLE case [1].

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/explicit-locking.html

--   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento, Suporte 24x7 e Treinamento