Re: cleanup temporary files after crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: cleanup temporary files after crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 15:42, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

I did a quick review and the patch seems fine to me. Let's wait for a
bit and see if there are any objections - if not, I'll get it committed
in the next CF.

Tomas, thanks for your review.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether we should have the GUC as
proposed, or have a negative "keep_temp_files_after_restart" defaulting
to false. But I don't have a very good justification for the alternative
other than vague personal preference.

I thought about not providing a GUC at all or provide it in the developer
section. I've never heard someone saying that they use those temporary files to
investigate an issue. Regarding a crash, all information is already available
and temporary files don't provide extra details. This new GUC is just to keep the
previous behavior. I'm fine without the GUC, though.

--
Euler Taveira                 http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/